2020 for Your Information
Riverside Drifters Saddle Club-
As horse people we are all aware of safe distancing in the arena to prevent injuries. Let’s just remember social distancing without the horses during the fun show season at the arena. Here is a list of things that we will do to help prevent the spread.
• There will be NO use of the pavilion building. Outhouses with sanitizer will be provided.
• We are working to get membership, cogins, sign up for classes, and payments available on-line. For those that need to do standard sign up we ask that you are prepared when you show up to sign up: cogins, money, signup sheet, royalty ride info (if applies), etc. all ready for all family members. We will sign up in front of the crow’s nest – wipes will be provided to clean clipboards and pens after use. Social distancing will be expected when you are waiting in line to sign up.
• Crow’s nest is OFF limits. Sign up is open from 7:30am until noon. Office CLOSES at NOON. Be careful as you sign up so you do not miss any events you want to be included in as there will be no adding last minute. Once the results are announced and entered for daily high point the sheet will be placed on the ribbon table if you need to check. Ribbons will be located on the table along the warm up area – pick up your ribbons with social distancing practice.
• Class size will be limited to 20 per class – First come first serve.
• The playground is open but posted “play at your own risk”.
• There will be food available to purchase on the grounds with proper precautions in place.
• To keep things moving along we ask that you sign up to set up a pattern. More details will be provided – If everyone helps a little no one has to do a lot.
• We are using the city park so as always – CLEAN up after yourselves and your horses. Area outside of the warm up pen, to, and around your trailer must be clean when you leave. (FYI – if this is an issue we will have to start charging a fee to cover clean up)
• At the end of the day we will award daily high points to each age group. Be patient – use social distancing while you wait. If you are not there to collect it is up to you to set up, pick up with someone or collect at the next event.
• These will be in effect at each of our events.
• Membership paid for 2020 show season in order to qualify for the buckle series. Forms available online and at the shows.
• All class, office, and side pot fees are as listed on sign up form.
• Negative coggins must be provided.
• We welcome any royalty attending to take part in our royalty ride – please turn in your info at sign up – This will happen after pleasure classes are completed and before games start.
• Meetings for the club are the first Wednesday of the month at the Pavilion 6:30pm.
New text box >>
It is the policy of Riverside Drifters Saddle Club to provide its Members, their guests, and other members of the public, access to all of the club's facilities and activities without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, ancestry, familial status, or military status.
Saddle Club Meeting
First Thursday of each month
6:00pm @ the Pavillion
5577 Cromwell Park Dr
Again this season we are doing an "All Around High Point" for each age group. This is a one horse one rider team that competes in the pleasure, english, and games to tally the high point for each age group. This does not include the 'Ol Time Show.
Age groups are as follows:
PeeWee 0-10(this does not include leadline must ride on their own)
Senior + 35-49
Over The Hill 50 & older
Qualifiying classes are marked on the fun show bill with a *. Beautiful Buckles were ordered for the "all around high point" and will be presented at our last fun show of the season. Hope to see you all.
P.S. We do a daily high point for each age group including lead line at each fun show.
If you use the arena Please be kind enough to fix it up before you leave!
This means rake up any divots, holes, close the gates, put equipment back, pick up poop and garbage. This includes the parking area. The term at the meeting was
“Leave it like you found it”.
Hopefully it was in good condition when you got there.
Our 2020 Queen;
Our 2020 Princess;
2020 Lil’ Miss;
If your club has a show coming up, send me a flyer or some info. And I will try to get it posted in the News & Events portion of our web page.
The 2020 club officers are,
President- Tim Homstad
Vice President- Christopher Nash
Secretary- Sabrina Jordan
Treasurer- Suzy Berger
Junior PR (public Relations) - Gracey Foley
Check out the new addition to the web site. Wants & 4-sales. Send me info if you are looking for something or if you have something you don't want or need.
Dates may change if needed
Riverside Drifters Saddle Club
2021 Show Dates:
September 11th - old time show
Fun shows start at 9:00am.
*indicate end of year highpoint
**all the help we can get on these weekends**